My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Someone's Hungry!

Rebekah has been NPO (no food or drinks) since midnight, and she is a hungry girl! So far, she has been dozing and sucking on her fingers, and I'm hoping they come get her before she is really awake and mad!

Drew and I will be heading down to surgery with Rebekah and waiting with her until they take her into the OR. Then we will come back up to her room to wait for the nurses to call us back to the recovery room. Depending on how quickly Rebekah wakes up from the anesthesia and how soon she is able to come off the ventilator, she may move back to a bed in PICU before coming back to her regular room.

Thank you for all of your prayers, emails and comments, both here on the blog and on facebook. We appreciate all of the support and encouragement!

Nancy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD,thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Praying for all of you this day.

Aunt Teresa

Stephanie said...

Hello! I just found your blog today through Lacey/Jaxson's. I wanted to let you know that you are all in our prayers. I also wanted to let you know that I have information on a doctor in your neck of the woods whois THE EXPERT on diGeorge syndrome! She has pioneered a technique for transplanting the thalamus into diGeorge patients, effectively curing it! I am not sure what is involved in getting in there, but she was a SUPER nice doctor. We were to go see her, if some other tests didn't pan out. Docs have been saying that my son has a "pseudo" diGeorge syndrome for awile (we know that is not the case now), but I will get her info out to you if you want it. Please e-mail me at: stephani.wyatt@att.net

Good luck and God Bless!

Stephanie and Lil Man

Nicole Harrington said...

Thinking and Praying for Rebekah, her doctors and nurses and especially to her parents!

Sending postive thoughts and Love!
Nicole & Emalie

CP: EmalieQuinn