My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good Morning, Sunshine!

After what feels like weeks of freezing cold (for us) temperatures and clouds, the sun is shining and it is a balmy (relatively speaking) 40 degrees outside!

Rebekah had a great night last night! She had two bottles before bedtime and then slept through the night (read: Mommy got to sleep through the night!!). She had another good bottle around 9:30 this morning and is snoozing again. I am so thankful for a good night of sleep! After only sleeping about 2 hours Monday night, I was pretty much running on adrenaline yesterday. I was beginning to feel much like a zombie by last night!

We still haven't tried using Rebekah's g-tube yet. I am currently waiting on the doctors to round so we can make some decisions about Rebekah. Other than the uncertainty of her g-tube, she looks great. The nurses removed her oxygen this morning, and her sats are staying in an acceptable range, and Rebekah has not had a fever since yesterday afternoon. It seems that whatever was in her system has made its way out. Now the questions remain as to what exactly did happen and is there any way to prevent or treat the cause so it does not happen again. Those are questions that I hope to have answered today.

I am guessing that if all goes well today for Rebekah (and if there are no further tests that need to be done) that we will be discharged tomorrow. That is only a guess from my very un-medical background, so we will see what the doctors have to say.

That's about it for now. I will update later when I have more information!

Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im glad to hear things are better. Emalie has gtube problems that sound just like that! When she gets distended and venting doesn't work, her GI dr prescribes her Flagyl. it's an antibiotic to clear up a small intestine fungus and that seems to do wonders! I hope you guys get answers! It's a battle because we never get ours answered.

God Bless,
Nicole
CarePage: EmalieQuinn