My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cute Pictures!

Disclaimer: If you haven't read today's first post, this one will make no sense. Scroll down to read the post "Another New Plan" first.

We have tried step one of today's plan and the score so far is G-tube-2; Rebekah-0. We deflated the balloon and taped it down so we didn't lose the placement, and tried tube feedings beginning at 5cc's and hour. That means over the course of an hour, Rebekah would get what amounts to about a teaspoon of milk. Guess what!? It didn't work. After about an hour and 15 minutes, Rebekah was screaming, upset and her heart rate was elevated. So, our sweet nurse, Gail, is off to call the doctor to let him know and to double check that the next step is changing the tube itself.

In the meantime, before all of this happened, Rebekah was being Miss Cuteness herself. Enjoy the pictures and even a short video clip at the end (Hey, Drew, I finally figured out the video!).

Showing off the latest in high fashion hospital wear!


I lasted about five minutes playing in the bumbo before I got tired.

Sound asleep with my dolly. Look at how pudgy my arms are getting!

Look at how cute I am! Mommy really loves this picture!



Rebekah was being so cute playing in her crib! Right at the end when she starts to get fussy is about the time that we think her g-tube feeds were bothering her. From there it went downhill until we shut the pump off. About five minutes after turning the pump off, she was perfectly calm and went to sleep. Please pray that the doctors will figure this out!!

Drew and I are actually getting dressed up tonight to go to a work-related banquet (his work, not mine! :). A sweet nurse friend of ours who is not working tonight has offered to come and sit with Rebekah while we are gone. It will be fun to get out and do something besides sit in Rebekah's room (although I wouldn't trade being with her for anything!). If we can, I'll try to get a couple of pictures. I haven't gotten this dressed up in a long time!

Nancy

1 comment:

Posh Totty said...

awww bless her, she is beautiful :O) Xxx