Rebekah was able to go to the Atrium today (the playroom). We had fun making a tie-died shirt with some volunteers that came today. Also, we played with some Little People and a wooden doll house. Rebekah had great fun dropping the toy doctor down the stairs. (Note: I don't think she had any clue that it was supposed to be a doctor, but I found it to be quite humorous!) After all of the excitement and playing, Rebekah has come back to the room and crashed. Maybe she will sleep well tonight!
This afternoon we went down to the radiology floor to have an ultrasound of the lump on the back of Rebekah's neck. Basically, the ultrasound tech and the radiologist have no idea what it is! The radiologist said that if Rebekah was two or three months old, she would have diagnosed it as a hemangioma, but Rebekah is beyond the typical age when hemagniomas develop. The ultrasound did define that it is not a tumor, or hard mass, as would be typical with a cancer. So, the plan is for us to keep an eye on it and when we come back in 3-4 months for Rebekah's heart catheterization, they will do another ultrasound if it has not gone away before then. Of course, if it begins to grow, becomes red, inflamed or any other changes, we will have it imaged again sooner.
Miss Boo is awake and ready for her dinner. I'm hoping to get her in bed fairly early so she can have a good night of sleep. We'll see how that goes! :)
Nancy



2 comments:
I hope yall are getting some good rest tonight!!! Saying a prayer for Rebekah!
Susanna 7C
Hi Nancy,
I found your blog from the Truncus group. I am glad to hear that your little one is doing better and look forward to reading her story. My little girl who is just about to turn 6 in a month or so also has Digeorge and Truncus. Praying that you all make it home soon and that she has a speedy recovery!
Pam and Madison
By the way, she is just the cutest little thing I have ever seen!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madison
Post a Comment