My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

There's no place like home!

I just wanted to post a quick update to let you all know that we are home!!! Rebekah was very excited to see her brothers, but she was very tired. She went to bed at 7:00 and we haven't heard a sound from her since! I'm sure she is enjoying being back in her room and in her crib. I know I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight!

Rebekah did come home with oxygen, and she will be staying on it until at least her next cardiology appointment. Unlike before her surgery, Rebekah does not need the oxygen to keep her sats up. Rather, this is called "oxygen therapy." It some studies, oxygen has been shown to lower pulmonary hypertension, so we are going to try oxygen for the next month and then see if it has helped. If Rebekah's pressures are lower, she will likely remain on the oxygen until her heart catheterization in March. If there is no change in the pressure, Dr. Lucas will probably take Rebekah off the oxygen. We are hoping that the oxygen will lower the pressure in her heart at least a little bit. If going back on oxygen is a way to do that, then we are willing to try it. I'm hoping that she will be on oxygen until March!

Thank you to everyone for your prayers while we were in the hospital. Please continue to pray for Rebekah. She still has a cold, but it seems that she is getting over it. Pray that she will continue to be as healthy as possible through the winter months.

Nancy

No comments: