Well, we haven't seen any snow yet (unless you count the dozen or so minuscule flurries I saw around lunch time), so this trip may prove to be our record breaker. However, it is downright cold for this southern blood! Temps in the teens with even colder wind chill is not my idea of a mild southern winter! :)
Rebekah is stable tonight. She is not really any better, nor is she any worse. Her fever has come and gone off and on today; I think slightly over 100 was the highest recorded temp today. The lower temps are probably due to someone's newfound interest in the little ice chips available here at the hospital (same kind you can get at Sonic). I can't imagine where in the world she would have picked up such a silly little habit. ahem.

Two pigtails are cute...four are even cuter!
Earlier this week, I had fun playing with Rebekah's hair. She is such a good sport and lets me do almost anything. She really likes having her hair brushed and played with. I really enjoy brushing and playing with it! We make a pretty good combination, I think! :)
One day last week Rebekah decided to sit on the bottom step. She probably played for over an hour there. At times she sat; at other times, she pushed herself up to standing and stood without holding on to anything. She was so proud of being able to stand up by herself, and she let us know by clapping!
Rebekah has had some periods of playing today. She has also had periods of time when she has just felt rotten. During some of her more playful times, Rebekah likes to stand at the end of her crib and jabber about her brothers. She has been saying "Bubba" for Caleb's name. I'm not sure if that's her way of saying Caleb, or brother, but either way, it's very cute! :)
We saw one of the cardiologists from Rebekah's group this afternoon. He was concerned about this sickness adding more stress to the already high pressures Rebekah has. To that end, he recommended that Rebekah go back on oxygen for a while to give her lungs a little break from working so hard. He also said that he would prefer to see Rebekah remain in the hospital until she makes a definite turn for the better. Of course, we are hoping that is sooner rather than later!

Brrr....this ice is cold! (But it's SOOO good!)
This is a short little video of Rebekah walking with her little doggy. Excuse the shakiness. Zachary was our amateur videographer. :)
We're praying for an uneventful night, as much sleep as one can possibly get in a hospital, and a great day tomorrow!
Nancy






3 comments:
what a little doll you have there.
I am praying for her quick recovery. I mean it!
xoxo
Still praying. She is just getting cuter and cuter! Love the pic of her kissing her brothers. :)
Nancy, I didn't even know this was going on until this morning. I just am so sorry you are dealing with all of this--know I am praying! Love to you and R.
Post a Comment