During Rebekah's nap, Dr. Darby came in. I asked him a few questions regarding Rebekah's care, and I feel like we are both on the same page. Our goal is to get Rebekah home as quickly as possible so we don't pick up something else while we are here. The only caution that I have is whether or not her high pressure is a condition that needs to keep her in the hospital while she has this cold. If not, Dr. Darby will send us home tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest with oxygen and a sat monitor so we can manage this (and any future) cold at home. If the cardiologist feels that the high pressure warrants more observation and/or staying until this cold is resolved, then we absolutely will stay. That is the million dollar question of the day! :) Dr. Darby was planning on consulting with Dr. Lucas (our regular cardiologist) today to get his opinion.
We were able to get a little more sleep last night. Once Rebekah finally went to sleep (after 10), she only woke up for a few brief times and then went right back to sleep. She did wake up around 5:30 this morning with a bad coughing spell, and she really coughed off and on after that until I got her up and dressed around 7:30. At least we were able to get several hours of sleep, though!
Tonight is Zachary's and Justin's school Christmas program and art show. Unless something changes in the next couple of hours, a good friend of ours is coming to sit with Rebekah so I can meet Drew and the boys at school. We haven't said anything to the boys, so I'm sure they will be excited to see me. I think the current plan is for Drew and I to trade off tomorrow so I can go home and get some laundry and other chores done and spend some time with the little guys. Then hopefully we will bring them up to Rebekah's room for a bit so they can see her as well.
Not much else has been going on around here, and Rebekah just woke up. I'm off to spend some time playing with her. I will update if anything new comes up!
Nancy



1 comment:
I hope you were able to enjoy the boys' Christmas festivities! How grand that you have a friend willing to help you in this way.
Post a Comment