My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Home sweet home.....Almost

I was hoping to have a different post for you this morning. One that talked about how we packed up all of our belongings and took them home. However, it seems Miss Rebekah had different plans. Maybe she heard that her favorite nurse would be back today and wanted to see her one more time. :)

Regardless of the reason, we are still at the hospital. We were seriously within hours of being discharged when Rebekah's temperature climbed and she started retching and gagging. We still have no explanation for the gagging, but did find out that the temperature is due to an ear infection.

The doctor on call Sunday had checked Rebekah's ears and considered the possibility that Rebekah may have an ear infection, but no one wanted to jump to antibiotics too quickly, given Rebekah's problems with c. diff. However, after two days, the ears seem to be worse, not better, so we plunged ahead with amoxicillan. Hopefully it won't cause a relapse of the c. diff!!

All of that said, it is possible, not even probable or likely, just possible that we may get to go home later today. If we do, great!! If not, I'll be typing another similar post tomorrow morning! :) Enjoy your day everyone!

Nancy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though we may have other justifiable longings, each one of us is today exactly where the Lord would have us to be. We can rest in the wisdom, love, and mercy of an all-wise God. What a blessing!

"Faith sees that in her worst sorrow there is nothing penal; there is not a drop of God's wrath in it; it is all sent in love. " Charles Spurgeon

Sarah (Jones) Naler said...

Awww so close sorry. Will keep praying!!!

Jen said...

I read on another site that your baby girl may have Chrons disease. I am so sorry to hear that, and I have never heard of it that young, but I am a 33 year old mom to 5 amazing kids and was diagnosed with chrons at age 15 after many needless surgeries. For the most part I live a perfectly normal life. For the last few years my disease has been controlled by diet and stress reduction alone, no medications! This disease is not a death sentance, as I once thought is was, it is managable. There are terrible things, but there are much worse out there. Hang in there, you and your family are in my prayers!
Jen
www.thestaley7.blogspot.com