My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, June 22, 2009

The New Plan

After meeting with Dr. Greig today, we now have a little more direction for how the next couple of weeks might play out. :)

First of all, Dr. Greig was not concerned about the irregularities that have been showing up in Rebekah's heartbeat. They are "normal" irregularities (How is something irregular normal???) caused by my contractions and Rebekah's movements. So, for now, her heartbeat is irregularly normal and looking just fine for her gestational age.

As far as the plan for delivery goes......we are planning on July 9th, and we are planning to go earlier. Confused yet?? :) Don't worry, so are we! Because there is a good possibility that I may go into labor earlier than July 9th (the date we are currently scheduled to check-in at MUSC in Charleston), we are packing and planning to be able to leave by the end of this week if necessary.

For this week (unless I go into labor before Thursday), we are waiting until my Thursday doctor's appointment with Dr. Lattimore. If I have made any more progression in labor, (dilating, etc.) Dr. Greig is recommending that I have an amniocentesis done next week to determine the maturity of Rebekah's lungs. If her lungs are fully developed and mature, then he will send us on to Charleston to deliver. If her lungs are not fully developed, we have the option of waiting longer or possibly undergoing steroid shots to boost her lung development. A lot of that decision will be based on how much progress, if any, I have made toward delivery. So, no matter how things work out, Rebekah should be here in less than three weeks!! :)

And on a good note, we have a huge praise! Rebekah has turned around and is now in the head-down position!!! Thank you all for your prayers.....we are very grateful not to be facing a c-section right now, even though it may come to that later.

We will post another update after Thursday's doctor visit.....unless something happens before!! :)

Nancy

No comments: