I can tell Rebekah is certainly beginning to feel better! She wants to be out of the bed and socializing with everyone! Since Rebekah is not plugged in to oxygen right now, she loved the freedom of following the nurses around the unit. She spent the better part of an hour hanging out at the nurses station tonight charming all of the nurses. :) The unit has a new telemetry system (monitors heart rate and oxygen saturations) that is wireless, so the kids just have a small white box with the leads attached to it, instead of being confined to a bed with a monitor beside them. It's great for the kids!! Rebekah picks up her box and away she goes! :)
The theme of the day was giraffe. :) Yes, it totally all matches, and yes, I have a blast dressing Rebekah! I'm already mourning the fact that by the time Rebekah has another surgery, she will be too big to wear the cute onsies and leg warmers. So sad!
Rebekah is totally in love with Mickey Mouse right now. Do you know how many stores do NOT carry Mickey Mouse??!! I searched through Walmart, Target and an entire mall (with no Disney store) before I finally found this Mickey at KMart. Rebekah has been best buddies with him ever since. :) I figured if a girl goes through open heart surgery, the least she can have is a Mickey Mouse!
We had a nice surprise today - MAIL!! Rebekah received two cards and a package today, and she was delighted! She very meticulously studied the cards and looked at all the pictures on them. It was really sweet. She also very much enjoyed the new book she received, and spent a lot of time looking at the pictures after we read it. Thank you for the enjoyable surprise!
Tomorrow morning Rebekah will be having another chest x-ray. I'm really hoping to see some good results from this one! As of this morning's x-ray (at 6:30 in the morning!!), there was still a large area of fluid on Rebekah's right lung and a small collapsed area in Rebekah's left lung. Both are no worse than they were before, but they don't seem to be much improved from two days ago. The good news is that Rebekah is handling it well since she was able to go without oxygen all day and keep her sats up!
Rebekah finally settled down and went to sleep. :) I told you she was feeling better! She's starting to play her "stay-up-till-midnight-and-sleep-all-day" hospital routine. Better get out of here fast, or she's going to have a serious adjustment when we get back home. :)
As you pray for Rebekah, please continue praying for baby Jackson. He had his best day ever on Sunday, and I know his parents needed that bit of encouragement. His battle is far from over, so please remember him in prayer. And we have another little heart buddy named Jude who also needs prayer. He has a big test tomorrow to see if he can make it off of the heart/lung bypass machine. If he is strong enough, then he will be scheduled for his first open heart surgery a day or two later. His parents would also appreciate your prayers.
Nancy



1 comment:
We are thrilled that Rebekah is feeling better. Praying for her lungs to improve! We will remember Jackson and Jude in our prayers too!
Post a Comment