My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, October 24, 2011

Ride for Mike 2011

It is with a little tinge of sadness and a whole lot of thankfulness that I can say the 2011 Ride for Mike is officially over.  A little sadness because it's a bit like the day after Christmas - you have looked forward to it for so long that it's going to be a little disappointing not to look forward to it until next year.  And so much thankfulness and gratefulness to all those who made today possible.

I know I will probably forget someone, but I'm going to try to mention those that I know had a part in today and in the weeks leading up to today.  First, Jonathan and Annette, thank you so much!  Your love and encouragement have touched our lives in ways we will not forget.  And Emma, Jonathan, and Josiah, thanks for putting up with all the hours your dad spent training and riding for this event!  :)  Mike and Janet McCaskill, thank you so much for all you do behind the scenes to support Ride for Mike.  Even though I never met your son, I know he must have been a wonderful person for so many people to have loved him so much.  David McQuaid, thank you for taking your time today to support and ride part of the way with Jonathan.  You not only encouraged Jonathan, but you blessed us as well.  Eddie Helton, thank you for your support and riding a part of today's ride with Jonathan as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!  :)

And for everyone who prayed for today's ride, participated in the Ride for Mike Family Fun Ride and picnic, or donated to Ride for Mike, thank you!!!  From the bottoms of our hearts we thank you.  May God bless each of you for blessing our family.

Nancy

1 comment:

Dave said...

Nancy, I was so glad to play a small part. We're certainly praying for Rebekah Grace!