The trophies were pink - in honor of Rebekah!
The plates at the bottom say "In honor of Rebekah Grace Ellis."
So....{drumroll, please}..... now for our exciting news...... Ride for Mike 2011!!! What is Ride for Mike, you ask? I will be happy to tell you! Drew and I have been friends with Jonathan Pait and his family since we were in college. Jonathan is an avid cyclist, and has completed a Ride for Mike since 2007 in memory of his friend, Mike McCaskill, who passed away from brain cancer. Typically Jonathan raises funds, through donations and other fundraising avenues, to donate to a worthy cause each year. We were honored when he approached us several weeks ago and asked if Rebekah could be the recipient of this year's Ride for Mike.
Jonathan will be riding (weather-permitting) from Greenville Hospital to MUSC Children's Hospital on October 24. The trip - about 220 miles - will be his longest ever one-day ride! Jonathan chose this particular route because Rebekah has spent quite a bit of her life at both of these hospitals.
And for those who live in or near the Greenville area, Jonathan will be hosting the first ever Ride for Mike Family Ride! The Family Ride will begin at Cleveland Park in downtown Greenville at 8:00 am on Saturday, October 22. It will conclude in Traveler's Rest with a picnic lunch. There is no charge for the Family Ride, but Jonathan does need an accurate count of how many will be attending. If you are interested in participating in the ride, please email Jonathan at lowcadence@pait.org with the number in your party. If Rebekah is doing well and the weather is nice, we are planning to attend at least the picnic portion of the event!
For current information about Ride for Mike, or to make a donation to Ride for Mike, please visit the specific links. Also, there is a link on the top left sidebar of our blog that will take you directly to the donation page. Thank you all for your support of this wonderful project!
Drew and Nancy



2 comments:
This is really cool! I wish that we lived closer so we could participate, but I'll put this on my blog and see if any of my friends still in the area can go. I'm sorry I missed the Lil Rebel fundraiser, to tell my friends, I mean. I haven't been a very good blogger or blog reader for a few months now, it seems; but I am still praying for y'all!
How exciting! God is good to supply our needs in ways we can't even imagine. Hope you guys are staying well & school is going good. We're continuing to pray!!
Post a Comment