My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pray for Lukas

Please keep our heart buddy, Lukas, and his family in your prayers. Lukas was born a couple of weeks ago with Truncus Arteriosus, like Rebekah. He was doing so well in the first few days that the doctors were discussing sending him home to grow a little before his Truncus repair surgery. However, in the last few days, Lukas has really been struggling to the point that he needed to be sedated and is on the ventilator to keep his body as relaxed as possible. With all that said, the doctors decided that he needs surgery soon, and have scheduled him for surgery tomorrow. I know their family would greatly appreciate your prayers tomorrow. I will try to update sometime tomorrow as I hear how things are going.

Also, Rachel is much more stable than she was a few weeks ago. She is still in the hospital, but the medications she is on seem to be helping her heart work more efficiently. Rachel is listed as 1A status on the transplant list, so when a heart becomes available, she will be one of the first in line to see if she is a match. Please pray for Rachel and her family. It is not an easy thing to know that someone else has to lose a loved one in order to save your child.

Rebekah is doing well, and we celebrated her birthday a little early when grandparents were in town yesterday. I am still sorting and editing pictures, but hopefully will have birthday pictures posted soon. There are some cute ones! :)

Nancy

No comments: