My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, June 6, 2011

Heart Buddy Update

I wanted to just take a minute to update you on a couple of the heart buddies listed on the left side of the blog.

You'll notice that Rachel is a new name listed on the left. She is the niece of some friends of ours, and she could definitely use some prayer! After a "routine" heart surgery a few weeks ago, one of her valves began leaking badly, and the doctors felt that the best option under the circumstances was to list her for a heart transplant. Currently, there is some concern with the results of the antibody test Rachel had last week, and that could limit the chances of finding a successful heart match. Please keep Rachel and her family in your prayers.

Owen....dear, sweet Owen! I just love this little guy and would absolutely love to meet him and his sweet family one day. Anyone want to take a road trip to Arizona??! Owen is doing absolutely fantastic! He is walking, talking and eating!! I know that makes his mom very happy. Please pray for Owen this summer as he will be having a heart catheterization in July and the results will be crucial to his further treatment. We are praying for great news in the cath lab so Owen will be able to have his heart repair surgery soon afterwards.

And beautiful little Lukas was born on Friday, weighing in at 7lbs and 7 ounces. He is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and is doing SO well! We are so excited for the Corwin family and their new addition. Right now Christie is just updating her Facebook page, but I'm sure that she will be updating the blog soon as she has time. At this time I have not heard when he will be scheduled for his Truncus repair, but I will be sure to pass the information along when I know. Please keep Jonathan and Christie in your prayers, as well as big brothers Riley and Hayden.

Thank you all for praying for Rebekah and our special heart friends. I know I can speak for parents of all children with heart defects....life is never certain, and we have learned to enjoy each day as a blessing from God.

1 comment:

CristyLynn said...

I'll be praying for your heart buddies. :)
Oh, and my parents are actually in AZ right now on vacation!
I've always wanted to go to AZ...