My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, April 12, 2010

Playing

Rebekah has been doing so much better at sitting up in the last few days. I have been able to leave her for short (a minute or two) periods of time while she is sitting and playing.

Looking cute!

I'm hoping that I wasn't premature in last night's post when I said everyone was doing well. For some reason, Rebekah needed oxygen overnight last night. She did well on her own today and so far has been doing well tonight. Hopefully it was just an isolated event and is not a sign of anything else to come!

Playing with my shapes

And now, just for Beth, Rebekah demonstrates banging two toys together! This has been a running joke for several weeks now. One of Rebekah's goals is to bang two toys together, and she has done it for quite a while. It seems, though, that she has an aversion to doing it when Beth is here for OT. I finally caught it on video today! :)


We're hoping for a nice quiet week from here on out. Please pray that Rebekah's g-tube change goes smoothly and without complications tomorrow. It should be just a quick, in-office procedure, and that is what we are praying for. Hope you all have a great night!

Nancy

4 comments:

Beth Hollenbeck said...

BRAVO, MS. REBEKAH! I never doubted for a minute she was able to bang two objects together. She just wanted me to wait it out a little longer. And, that sitting! Wonderful :) She is even able to reach out of her base of support to pick up a toy and not lose balance!

Can't wait to see you all on Thursday for the big re-eval! Good luck at GI. Oh - I was thinking about oral motor stuff today in the car. I forgot to talk about some exercises with an Infadent and/or Nuk brush..duh! I can't remember when your speech eval is scheduled. This week? I will try to remember to talk about it on Thursday, or if your eval is before then you can fill me in on the ST's plan.

~Beth, OT

Becky Tonn said...

So cute - those big blue eyes will make your heart melt : ) And the little romper dress reminds me of my girls when they were that little. Those were absolutely my favorite outfits during the summer!

Denise said...

How cute and love the outfit. My granddaughter has some of those.

Denise

Stephanie said...

Now that's a beautiful site! playing!!! just what she should be doing!
Raising Miss Rebekah up in prayer!