When we got Rebekah to the hospital last night her fever was 103*. It has come down overnight with the help of Motrin, and this morning was back to normal. We are watching to see if it starts climbing again towards evening as it did yesterday.
Rebekah does have an ear infection, and she received one dose of Rocephin through her IV last night. Rocephin is usually given in three doses, each 24 hours apart. We are waiting to talk to the doctor to find out if we are staying for 72 hours to get all three doses, or if he wants to switch Rebekah to an oral "cousin" of Rocephin, which is Omnicef.
Other than being tired, grumpy and having a pretty bad cough, Rebekah is pretty much her normal self today. Her O2 sats are back to normal this morning on her regular 1/2 liter of oxygen. Last night she was up to a full liter of O2 to keep her sats above 95%. So this is a huge improvement as well. Really, I think a lot of the problem last night was due to Rebekah's fever getting so high and staying high for several hours. It started doing wacky things to her system! Once we were able to get the fever under control, everything else seemed to resolve itself.
So right now Rebekah is taking a much-needed nap, and I am waiting to see our doctor. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen him already as he is usually in between 11 and 1. I was waiting to post so I could include information from the doctor, but I guess that will come in a later post! :)
Thank you for all of your prayers and comments. Considering where we could be, things are going pretty well right now!
Nancy



1 comment:
Still Praying!!!
Post a Comment