My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quick Update

Just to quickly let all of you know that the colds continue. :( All of us have in one way or another been sick with this round of colds. The current status is: Zachary and Justin appear to be over, or mostly over, the colds; Aaron and Caleb are somewhere in the middle with runny noses and occasional coughs; Rebekah still has some runny nose, and has developed more of a cough. I also detected some wheezing in both lungs tonight when I listened to her breathing. So far she is managing well with only a slight drop in her oxygen saturations. Normally she sats in the mid-90's on room air, and at 100% on oxygen. Tonight she was 91-92% on room air and about 97% on oxygen. We will continue to watch her, but unless she takes a drastic turn for the worse, we are much better off at home than at a doctor's office or hospital!!

Mom and Dad are feeling pretty rough tonight. I have been fighting cold/allergies/sinus symptoms for a few weeks now, and I think this last round was enough to knock me out. I'm planning on getting to the doctor tomorrow if I can get an appointment. Drew is also not feeling well, and we would both appreciate your prayers.

Thankfully, even though many of our friends and church family have been battling the flu, our sickness appears to just be a bad head cold. No one has had fevers, headaches, or body aches that are associated with the flu.

Also, please be praying that Rebekah recovers sufficiently from this cold before we head to Charleston in two weeks (2 weeks!!) for her heart catheterization. Given the seriousness of her pulmonary hypertension, this heart cath is not something that we want to delay if at all possible. I'm not sure what the threshold of "sick" versus "too sick" for a heart cath is, but we don't want to be anywhere near that!

And to throw out a little teaser, I have an exciting video to post of Rebekah...tomorrow! I haven't gotten it downloaded from the camera yet, but I will get it done tomorrow. :)

Thanks for praying!

Nancy

1 comment:

BlessedMommy said...

Two weeks! Wow! I pray she recovers from her cold, quickly!

You're right, a doctor's visit is often more dangerous than staying at home!!