My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Someone is having a birthday!



Believe it or not, Rebekah's first birthday is right around the corner!

In lieu of gifts, we are asking that donations be made to either of the following two organizations. The first is the PCICU at MUSC, where Rebekah spent time following her birth and surgeries. Rebekah will spend more time there through the years as she has further surgeries. The PCICU is an incredible place full of dedicated doctors and nurses. We love the PCICU!

The second organization is Annabelle Baskets. Baby Annabelle was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and lived just two short months before returning home to Heaven. Her sweet mom, Rebecca, wanted a way to carry on Annabelle's legacy and give hope to other parents of heart babies. The baskets contain a receiving blanket, an embroidered burp cloth, a small stuffed animal, a bow for girls or a hat for boys, and a pair of warm, fuzzy socks. Rebekah was a recipient of an Annabelle Basket, and it meant so much to us!

We would sincerely love to see each of you at Rebekah's birthday party. Please be sure to RSVP by June 12 as we need to provide the restaurant with a total number of attendees.

Nancy

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi there-

How exciting... birthday's are always a big deal for these heart babies and a HUGE reason to celebrate!!!

I would love to talk to you about feeding if you would like. I am surprised that your feeding therapist wants her to eat through the night. DCing her night feeds, were the first thing on the list for Mia.

Mia had those same evaluations with 6+ delays. I probably should of done more...the stander looks fancy!! Mia is almost two and STILL not walking... turkey. She can walk...she just won't.

Bekah is so sweet!! I am glad things are progressing!! Isn't everything a marathon with this kiddos?

Unknown said...

We will be there in spirit! I love the Annabelle Baskets too, what a great idea. When we are on the other side of surgery, I hope to do something similar for kids in our CICU.